Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The smallest library I've ever seen

As many of you who follow me know, I have a foot in two worlds ... southern Nevada and St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. I have a condo in both places and divide my time between the two. Nevada is as different from St. Croix as night is from day. One is a tropical paradise and the other is a desert, both beautiful in their own way.

A few years ago while exploring my Island paradise, I ran across the smallest library I have ever seen. I just had to stop and check it out. I couldn't believe that it really was a library but it was indeed, complete with a librarian. I just happened to have a copy of my Desert Heat, Cabin Fever and Emails from the Edge with me in the car because my good friend and author and world-class promoter Janet Elaine Smith taught me to never leave home without a couple of copies of my books just in case I needed them. I asked the librarian if I could donate my books to the library and she gladly said yes. Sooooo ... if you are ever in St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands, stop by the Sunny Isle Public Library and look for my books.

Oh by the way, Janet, if you are reading this you will be happy to know that I also donated a copy of one of YOUR books that I just happened to have on hand. You will know which one if you look closely at the picture below. :)

No comments: