Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Celebrity Crunch – Week 2

Celebrity Crunch – Week 2
Here’s what I’m chewing on this week in regards to celebrities … Patrick Swayze- Poor Patrick Swayze.  Hard to believe he is gone.  He was diagnosed with Stage IV Cancer in early 2008, and in case you went to bed at 8:30 pm like I did, you missed hearing that he died yesterday after his tragic battle [...]

Here’s what I’m chewing on this week in regards to celebrities …

Patrick Swayze- Poor Patrick Swayze.  Hard to believe he is gone.  He was diagnosed with Stage IV Cancer in early 2008, and in case you went to bed at 8:30 pm like I did, you missed hearing that he died yesterday after his tragic battle with pancreatic cancer.  He was only 57 years old and is survived by his wife Lisa Niemi

Patrick_Swayze_and_wife

I loved him in Red Dawn, Youngblood, and Road House.  80s movies are the best!

Road_House

But, Dirty Dancing was that iconic movie for me in high school. 

Dirty_Dancing

The Time of My Life was even my prom song two years after the film came out.  I have probably seen DD 200 times.  I loved loved loved the movie, and especially him in it.  Remember Crazy for Swayze or I’m Swayze, lol?  The movie was supposed to be a nothing film, but for many girls and young woman it became the ideal romance film with a much needed dash of reality.  As in, even fuglies can get the hot guy.  Even poor people can stand up to the man and survive.  Even fathers can get over the fact that their prep school daughters slept with the help

the lift

My god, the lift, how I always wanted to do it.  Johnny Castle, you will be in our hearts forever …

Best lines of the film, because I just can’t help myself…

I carried a watermelon. – Baby

Go back to your playpen, Baby. – Penny

Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you. – Baby

Nobody puts Baby in a corner. – Johnny

You make me sick. Stay away from me, stay away from my sister or I’ll have you fired. – Baby

Well, it looks like I picked the wrong sister. That’s okay, Baby, I went slummin’ too.  – Robbie

You just put your pickle on everybody’s plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me.  – Johnny

Kanye West – I stopped watching the MTV Video Music Awards a long time ago, probably after seeing the Madonna, Britney and Christina kiss, because I was so sick of hearing about it. 

VMA

So of course I missed seeing Kayne, aka the scum of the earth, take over the stage during poor sweet and adorable 19 year Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech by taking her mic from her and ranting on about how Beyonce’s video was better and Taylor never should have wonWTF?  What balls this big old thug has doing this to a damn teenager.  Kayne, if I was there, I would have kicked your ass.  Watch yourself in Detroit you piece of scum.  I’ve seen her video, and I like it.  Just because you appologized does not make it right you Asswipe. 

Watch the video to see exactly what I’m talking about.

Whitney Houston - I almost feel like Oprah has exploited her by putting her on her show yesterday. 

whitney-houston-oprah

Then again, Whitney has been exploited for years.  But just look at the quotes she pulled everything outta Whitney.  “I was so weak to him,” “He was my drug. I didn’t do anything without him,” and “I wasn’t getting high by myself. It was me and him together. We were partners.”

Whitney sounded all drug lusty when she was talking about her favorite drug, pot with cocaine rock.  She sounded like she was ten minutes away from hitting the crack pipe backstage when she uttered “You put your marijuana, you lace it, you roll it up and you smoke it.”  I just don’t know if she can tour, become successful again. 

whack

I think that saying that Bobby Brown once spit in her face in front of their daughter Bobbi Kristina was a mistake.  I bet you those words will bite her in the ass.  Who wants to bet me that Bobby Brown will be in tv tonight or filing a lawsuit of some sort by the end of the week?  Those two, what a train wreck. 

Posted in Beyonce, blogs, celebrities, Celebrity Crunch, culture, Detroit bloggers, Dirty Dancing, entertainment, ghetto, high school, humor, life, Michigan Bloggers, movie stars, MTV, music, Nobody Puts Baby in a corner, Oprah, patrick swayze, pop culture, Quotes, teenagers, Television, Tv, Whitney Houston, Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown Tagged: Bobbi Kristina, Breaking news, celebrity bloggers, celebrity gossip, Celebs, entertainment, Kanye West, MTV 2009 Video Music Awards, news, Patrick Swayze is dead, Taylor Swift

No comments: